Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Positive.

You ever have those days where you wake up feeling kind of off? Today was one of those days.

I woke up remembering that my period was a few days late and decided to use one of the cheap test strips I had in the cabinet. This is what showed up:


I could see a faint line, but according to the test it was probably a bad test and I should do another one. I only have so much urine in me in a five minute window, so I just chalked the late period up to work stress and went along my day. 

I had horrible heartburn and was exhausted the entire day. When I got home I figured that I might as well use the early pregnancy test that was supposed to tell us "5 days sooner." Of course I thought it wouldn't give me this:


But it did. :-) Join me in saying a collective "HOLY SH*T!" because that is what I said at that exact moment. I ran downstairs and filled a big glass of water that I started chugging on my way to CVS to pick up a digital test. The pharmacy assistant laughed at me when I told her I wanted the digital tests after already getting the positive. She told me I was "crazy for spending that much money when [I] already knew [I] am pregnant." I found another bottle of water in the car and chugged that on the way back to the house. I barely made it in the house because my bladder was about to explode.


Digital test confirmed. Two tests really can't be a false positive, right? It was 6:30 and Clay wasn't going to be home for another almost three hours. My brain was going a mile a minute so I texted my college bff since she has been in the same shoes before because I had to tell SOMEONE right then and there. I debated with driving to Clay's work to tell him, but decided against it. I pulled out the baby outfit that I had saved in my closet for months and wrapped it up for Clay. I decided to text Clay to let him know that a late anniversary gift had shown up that day since our anniversary was a week before. 

And then I had to be patient for almost two and half hours. I cleaned. I watched tv. I flipped through a magazine. I convinced Clay that we needed to go get Mexican for dinner. And I stalked Clay when I knew he was on the way home.



Finally, the moment had arrived and I could give Clay his belated anniversary present.


Then we went to Mexican to celebrate the Best. Day. Ever.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Just so you know, I'm now starting at the beginning and reading through all your posts. :-) I wanted to do something cute for Josh, but ended up taking the test when I was home with him, lol. And now, btw, I have like 20 of those cheap tests just sitting in my closet - I wonder if they stay good for next time?

    ReplyDelete